Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Mid-terms

Despite my positive attitude about statistics, and my general perceived understanding of the material, my midterm grade was sad considering how much exposure I've had to the subject. This month (September) is beginning the spiral motion... I'm not sure if I'm spiraling upwards or downwards, but I am sure that I'd love to stop spinning.  I have a midterm each week, along with tons of other responsibilities that keep piling on like a mountain.  Like I probably mentioned before, the real challenge of business school is time management.

Tomorrow is my finance midterm.  I am not sure about how I feel about it.  I am not sure about how I will perform on it.  I just think I'm going to pray and try to get some much needed sleep tonight.  I cannot bother to stay up and cram.  If I am going to do poorly, then I will do poorly regardless of whether or not I don't sleep tonight.  I feel like it will behoove me not to be tired since we have a full day of classes starting at 8am and the midterm is not until 5pm - 8pm.  That is a 12 hour day, which added on to today's 12 hours and the day before, is a lot of a lot. 

I went to talk to my stats professor today, and he said it seemed like I knew the material, I just did not work fast enough.  I guess that's a good thing right? 

This experience has caused me to doubt myself in ways I have never doubted myself before.  I just hope that I can rebuild my confidence even if it gets beaten up over this mod.  Only time will tell.  Until then, I'm just working hard and praying and trying to pass everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment