Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Midterm One DONE! Four more to go...

I officially survived my first business school midterm.  I am kind of glad it was statistics first.  You can't have too many surprises in statistics, just annoyances here and there.  I know that my weakness is my speed, so I need to work on ways to address that. 

The career search activities are also ramping up, making it harder to split time up for studies.  I have quickly come to realize, that the biggest challenge of business school is not the course work alone, but time management.  You are pressured to try out for leadership positions, work on acquiring an internship from day one, and of course exceling in your study. 

There are also two different types of business students, those to whom quantitative work comes fairly easily, and those who struggle with numbers.  I am the later, so everything that I do academically, I have to put in extra time to attempt to understand, putting greater stress on me in other areas.   And of course the inner-leader in me wants to be president of something, or have a major position in some club.  I really need to prioritize my passions, so I can channel energy into fulfilling a few goals well, instead of stretching myself too thin like I usually do. 

Ok, well... back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment