Thursday, August 26, 2010

Statistics... Again

In public health, there are a lot of statistics.  Therefore during my program last year I took one statistics class per semester.  Both were pretty miserable experiences, but the second one (Regression!) was far more miserable than the first.  At the time, when I was in the Regression class, I felt like I wasn't learning anything.  Somehow, miraculously maybe, some of the information stuck, because in business school, where regression is also used, we discussed the subject today.  I understood everything the professor was saying, it was amazing.  He explained it in a far more simplified and comprehendable way than my professor from last semester.  It was like dots started to connect in my head.

Now, I'm not goig to get ahead of myself.  I have to see how I perform on the final, and whether I'm able to get past this introductory class and continue with my deeper level of understanding.  But today, I enjoyed statistics, probably for the first time in my life.  Because I felt like I knew what was going on.  Amazing how life happens.  And despite how much I did not like my class last spring, I have to be greatful for it, because it was so difficult for me, that it almost makes this class topic seem easier.

Funny how things work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment